-Frisky Girl Gardener’s hand soap
- 1 1/2 pounds hearty greens (such as chard and kale), well washed, stems removed, and sliced into 3-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced paper-thin
- 1 pound spinach
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop hearty greens into water and blanch for 4 minutes. Immediately plunge blanched greens into a bowl of ice-cold water to stop the cooking. Drain, squeeze dry, and set aside.
2. Heat oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until the garlic is golden around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove garlic from skillet; set aside.
3. Raise heat to high. Add hearty greens and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add spinach; season with salt and red pepper flakes to taste. Cook until spinach wilts, stirring frequently (about a minute). Return garlic to pan and stir. The greens can be served immediately or at room temperature.