-Frisky Girl Gardener’s hand soap
- 16 Sun Gold tomatoes, halved
- 20 small husk cherries, husks removed, rinsed, and halved
- 1/4 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 slices ciabatta or rustic Italian bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup Tomato Water, or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup freshly picked herbs, such as, mint, basil, tarragon, chives, and oregano, chopped if large
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Place tomatoes, husk cherries, and onion in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; toss to combine and set aside.
3. In a medium ovenproof skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, until lightly browned. Add bread and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until bread is crisp, about 12 minutes.
4. Add bread to bowl with tomatoes, along with tomato water and vinegar; toss to combine. Let stand, occasionally tossing to evenly saturate, until liquid is absorbed, 2 to 3 minutes. Add herbs and toss to combine; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and serve immediately.
Here’s the link to the original recipe: https://www.marthastewart.com/317007/herb-panzanella-with-tomatoes-and-husk-c