Veggie of the Week: Arugula!
This week we’re highlighting one of our favorite spring greens. With it’s signature peppery flavor, arugula goes great in salads, on sandwiches or as a garnish to any dish. Make sure to grab yourself an extra bag to try this delicious recipe: Arugula Pesto!
- 1/2 cup (2 oz/60 g) walnut pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups (2 oz/60 g) packed arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup (2 oz/60 g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. In a food processor, combine the walnuts, garlic, arugula, Parmesan, and 1 tsp salt and pulse to blend. With the machine running, pour in the olive oil through the food tube in a slow, steady stream and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
Check out the full recipe here: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/arugula-pesto-51116200
Don’t hesitate to email us with any questions. See you at the Crown Hill Market this week!