Don’t forget to go to citygrownseattle.brownpapertickets.com to buy your tickets for our Fall Farm to Table Fundraiser Dinner at Harvest Beat on October 3rd! CSA members are our biggest supporters and we’d love to celebrate with you!
Here’s what’s fresh this week:
-Baby lettuce mix
-Spicy salad mix
-Pink beauty radishes
-Japanese salad turnips
-Baby bok choi
-Patty pan summer squash
-Red lasoda potatoes
-Pink Berkeley tie-dye tomatoes
-Green bell peppers
(Potentially more available for pre-order after Monday night)
Caffe Appassionatto 12oz whole bean Guatemalan
Veggie of the Week: Dino kale!
What a perfect fall veggie. Kale is amazing for making kale chips, adding to soups or sauteeing along with all the other delicious fall veggies. Here’s another recipe that sounds amazing:
- 1 bunch medium Dino kale, ribs and stems removed, leaves cut into 1” strips
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, grated (about 1½ cups)
1 cup fresh ricotta
2 ounces Parmesan, finely grated (about ½ cup)
Crushed red pepper flakes (for serving)
- Toss kale with oil and lemon juice in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Massage dressing into kale with your fingers and let sit at room temperature 2 hours to soften (this will keep kale from getting too crispy when baked).
- Place a rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 525° or as high as oven will go.
- Once dough has risen in baking sheet, top with mozzarella, dot with ricotta, and top with kale and Parmesan. Bake until golden brown and crisp on bottom and sides, 20–30 minutes.
- Serve topped with red pepper flakes.
Check out the full recipe here:
See you at the farm stands this week!